Endoproteinase Lys-C protease is a highly purified native endoproteinase validated for maximum activity and stability in proteomic applications.
- Can be used in tandem with trypsin to decrease tryptic missed cleavages thus enhancing digestion
- Better protein characterisation results from overlapping peptides with complementary chromatographic, ionisation and fragmentation properties thereby increasing sequence coverage
- Effective enzyme activity under highly denaturing conditions
- C-terminal lysine cleavage specificity of 90% for a complex protein sample
- Stable since it is provided in a lyophilised format
Applications include improved sequence coverage of protein digests, de novo sequencing, epigenetic studies and in-gel and in-solution digestion of proteins.