The Whitley automated spiral plater (WASP) eliminates serial dilutions. It offers a real reduction in the cost per test and standardises counting methods. It is used in the food industry to test for safe levels of bacteria and as a quality assurance and research tool in pharmaceuticals, water and dental practices.
- Use without any consumables ensuring minimal running costs
- A single keystroke operation loads the sample, inoculates a plate and cleans the stylus to optimise sample throughput speed
- It can dispense volumes from 10 µl to 400 µl providing immense flexibility and repeatability
- In syringe mode, 8×50 µl plates can be prepared in 2 minutes 35 seconds
- Optional 15 cm turntable to enable the use of 15 cm plates available (please enquire)
Optional self-centring, adjustable turntable – allows 9 cm plates from different manufacturers to be used without manual adjustment. A fully automatic microprocessor-controlled spiral plater dispensing between 10 µl and 400 µl with variable agar height compensation; automatic cleaning cycle with a self levelling bleach reservoir and provision for sterile water; coloured membrane keypad with lockable user-selectable parameters.